- What does the Rocky Mountain District offer to Youth Pastors and Youth Leaders?
- We seek to provide resources and training to our district churches and their leaders through the following means:
- Youth Leader Network Gatherings
- The second Thursday of the month, youth leaders gather in person at Calvary Bible Church in Thornton. We share helpful tools, read God's Word, and have a chance to connect in groups to discuss ministry or life needs.
There is a similar online meeting the third Thursday of the month. Youth leaders from three states join in for support, training, and encouragement.
- Youth Retreats
- Fall Retreat Change Update from Carson: Starting this school year the Rocky Mountain District will be offering one retreat that will be made available for both middle and high school. This decision was not made lightly. Due to the decrease in number of churches attending, the rising costs to put on a retreat, as well as the reality that a majority of the ministry leaders in our district oversee both middle and high school are the main reasons for this change. The middle and high school retreat teams have combined in order to provide an experience that can be meaningful for both middle and high school students. We have an amazing theme we believe will meet both groups of students where they are.
We are currently still looking for a location (another reason for the change was because Crooked Creek no longer had a weekend available in the fall for the high school as well as middle school didn’t have a permanent location) and are striving to find a date between the last weekend in January and Super Bowl weekend for this upcoming year. This might not be when it occurs yearly, but this is when it will occur this year. We are trying to make some long lasting sustainable changes to the district retreat which requires a transition year to get everything set up for long term fruit. Once we have more information, we will pass it along as soon as possible. Please contact us if you have any questions!
- Resources for Youth Leaders
- The district seeks to make churches aware of resources from EFCA National Office.
- Prayer Support and Counsel
- Any youth leader who needs prayer or counsel can reach out to the district for help. Many times, an outside perspective can be helpful.